IUCEE International Engineering Educators Certification Programme
Department of EEE conducted 3-Day activity based Workshop on “Pedagogy Skills training Programme”.
All teachers in the space of higher education usually enter into classroom teaching without a formal training in pedagogical skills. To induct teachers into new approaches to classroom management, technology usage, student – centered learning and the like, freshly recruited faculty members and or faculty members with some years of experience will go through this programme.
Faculty from all departments across the campus attended. The programme is also attended by faculty members of other engineering institutions.
The IUCEE International Engineering Educator Certification Program brings together the expertise of two highly reputed engineering faculty training organizations – IUCEE & IGIP. Both these organizations have been involved in training engineering faculty for several years with extraordinary success. They have partnered in this program with the global technology provider and trainer, Microsoft. This collaboration brings to India the rich academic traditions and the best of teaching-learning experience of engineering education and educators in the world.
The program aspires to:
- Provide a much needed formal, internationally recognized qualification in teaching and learning, that is customized for engineering educators in India.
- Provide a holistic program which not only sharpens the faculty member’s teaching skills but also develops his/her professional acumen and confidence.
- Provide insights about the changing learning needs of the 21st century learner and provide skills to modify teaching strategies to meet those needs.
- Prepare the educators in using the state-of-the-art technological tools to enhance classroom instruction
Provide the necessary theoretical and practical knowledge and skills in engineering education practice and research for becoming an effective educator and practitioner of outcomes based education.
- Provide an effective tool to the administration for evaluating faculty.
- Provide an effective tool to accrediting agencies in India. It is anticipated that the value addition brought by this certification program will become evident; and a requirement of having a minimum percentage of faculty certified by this program will become mandatory for accredited engineering institutions.
Trainer: Dr Yogesh Velangkar, Director, IUCEE Centres of Excellence
Date: July 18 – 20, 2016
Venue: MCA Lab, Basement, MRD Block, PES University
Time: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.